bybmg: T-Shirt to Infinity Scarf Tutorial

T-Shirt to Infinity Scarf Tutorial

/
0 Comments
I found this wonderful Old Navy t-shirt at Goodwill before spring break. It was workable for my expanding belly, but still worked post-baby too.


 



I'm not sure if I bought it with a hole in the armpit, or if I caused the hole.  Anyhow, it didn't seem worth fixing. I wasn't that in love with the shirt, so I threw it in the rag or donate pile. But, then it caught my eye, and I thought it'd make a pretty scarf. So, during nap time, I decided to tear it apart and see what happened.


 I cut up the side and removed the seams.


It looked like this. Then I cut across right below the arm pits.


That resulted in a trapezoid shape, but I trimmed it up to look more like a rectangle/square.


I cut each in half vertically, which resulted in four total pieces.


Then I went ahead and sewed them together. I did the hems together and the unfinished cut sides together.


This piece was a little uneven. I sewed it anyway, and trimmed it up when I was done. 


I trimmed the hem edges down to a very small seam.


The great thing about working with t-shirt material is that it doesn't really fray, so unfinished edges work.


There is is, in this beautiful selfie I took.


 Russ was holding Wesley, and he was a little fussy, but I wanted a non-selfie. So, I took the babe, and Russ captured a few pictures of me holding him.


Yep, NOT a happy baby at that moment, but this is real life, right?!  

I'd love to see your version of this if you make one!

Linking up with 
The DIY'ers


No comments:

Impact-Site-Verification: 574454573. Powered by Blogger.