bybmg: Speak Kindly to Yourself

Speak Kindly to Yourself

/
0 Comments
I went to a mom's night with a friend at her church the other night. The message was on words and how they are affect our lives so much.

Proverbs 18:20-21 was shared:
20 From the fruit of a man’s mouth his stomach is satisfied; he is satisfied by the yield of his lips. 21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits.

Going into the night, I was totally open and expecting the usual message, "How you speak to your children matters. You should speak lovingly to them. You are their inner voice." And I was excited in the anticipation to hear that message as they are words I thought I needed. There was a little of that, but there was so much more I wasn't expecting.

What I wasn't prepared for, but was the main focus of the night, was a message sharing, "How you speak to yourself matters. You should speak lovingly to yourself. It's your inner voice." 

We often talk about our muffin tops (and not baking, if you know what I mean), our beauty issues, our lacking abilities as mothers, housekeepers, wives.  We tell ourselves we aren't up to par. We tell ourselves we are failures.

Ladies (and gentlemen, because I know you read here, too), this talk does us NO good. It does not further us in any way. It ruins our self esteem. It makes us grouchy. Those insecurities cause us to snap at others when we feel threatened or lacking. 
 
It does no good. It's not a model we want our children to see.

Will you make it a goal along with me that you'll work to stop the negative talk about yourself? 


No comments:

Impact-Site-Verification: 574454573. Powered by Blogger.