bybmg: NYC Trip Highlights

NYC Trip Highlights

/
0 Comments
I spent last Thursday - Sunday in NYC. It was an amazing trip. We walked a ton and saw a ton. I'll try to not make this post super long, but there's a lot to share!


I arrived at LGA within an hour of my mother-in-law and Russ's aunt got in. We found each other in the airport and took a car to our hotel. My sisters-in-law met us later that day.




We stayed at the historic Waldorf Astoria Hotel. This clock was in the lobby and was quite a piece of art.


Food is delicious in NYC; walking everywhere made me happy to eat whatever I wanted. We had wonderful burgers at this place.


We found Rockefeller Center the first day we were there. 

----------------


On Friday, we got up early to head to the Today Show. It was COLD, but I toughed it out. These lovely ladies lasted a little while, but then escaped to Starbucks to warm up.


If you look CLOSE, you can see me over Al's shoulder.  Because my family lives in the Midwest and the show is delayed an hour, I could tell people back home when to watch. 


There's me and my sign!


I saved my Starbucks Birthday Reward for the trip and thoroughly enjoyed the new Vanilla Macchiato.


We also went to Time Square on Friday. If you've ever been there, you know there are many people dressed up wanting to take pictures for tips. These four guys surrounded me. Yikes! 



We went to the 9/11 Memorial. What an amazing place. This is the Survivor Tree. I didn't know anything about it until seeing it and reading about it in the brochure.  I find its story just amazing.

We took the Staten Island Ferry past the Statue of Liberty this day as well.


Friday night we saw Wicked. It was my first time seeing it, so what a treat to see the real deal on Broadway!
 
----------------

Saturday during the day, we went to brunch with a friend of my sister-in-law's. I forgot my phone at the hotel, but I survived! We also hit up Chinatown and enjoyed an afternoon nap.


Saturday night, we went to Salinis. They have caricatures of famous people on all the walls. 


Then we saw CHICAGO. It was such a contrast to Wicked, but still so good. 

-----------------




Sunday, we ate a delicious brunch in Union Park and also visited Central Park.  


I heard you can't go to NYC without having Junior's Cheesecake, so we ended the trip chatting over cheesecake at Union Station. My mother-in-law and I shared a cab to the airport while the other stayed for a day or two longer.


Leaving the city at dusk was just beautiful. This is definitely a memorable trip for me.




No comments:

Impact-Site-Verification: 574454573. Powered by Blogger.