bybmg: Birthday Bunting Tutorial

Birthday Bunting Tutorial

/
0 Comments


I bought the "one." onsie from Old Navy as one of the first steps in preparing for Wesley's first birthday. I knew I wanted to use the colors as the central palate for his party. I'm not a huge decoration-type party person, but I do enjoy some small touches, so I decided to make a bunting.


 

Crazy enough, I had fleece left over from another project that was just the right colors!


I cut out triangles using a piece of paper as a pattern for consitency sake. 


Then I cut out letters in felt: wesley is one. I cut out all the round shapes together - I cut a small oval/circle and used it as a pattern for the o, e, and s to keep the sizes consistent.


Then, I pinned the felt letters to the triangles,


sewed the on with my machine,


and sewed them together in a long line.


We hung the bunting in the kitchen for the party.  I love how it turned out. I think I'll trim off the Wesley part and hang it in his room, or maybe just keep the whole thing for a while.

Linking up with Be. You. Tiful and Wonderfully Creative Wednesday.
Link It or Lump It
The DIY'ers 
Epic Mommy Adventures


No comments:

Impact-Site-Verification: 574454573. Powered by Blogger.